IBM Course Code: WB803
This 5-day, instructor-led course teaches proven methods for architecting, designing, and building complex process application solutions with IBM Business Process Manager V8.
IBM Business Process Manager is a comprehensive BPM product that can provide you with the necessary visibility and insight to effectively manage the business processes of your organization. This course focuses on the Standard configuration of IBM Business Process Manager.
The course begins by explaining how to extend process visibility beyond direct process participants to managers and executives by including reports that provide real-time productivity and historical performance trends. The course also covers how a process application incorporates rich user interactivity without sacrificing user response time. You also learn how to integrate disparate systems and data sources through inbound and outbound integrations.
In hands-on exercises throughout the course, you develop a process application that enhances the function, usability, performance, and maintainability of a business process.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows operating system.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Design and create reports and scoreboards to provide process visibility for multiple stakeholders and users across the organization
- Create rich user interfaces for the IBM Business Process Manager application without introducing adverse performance impacts
- Design an IBM Business Process Manager data architecture for a process application with complex business data
- Model all decision authority for a process and employ complex logic for task routing and assignments
- Construct complex task and process task-to-task interaction controls
- Identify and solve common issues with real world integration
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is designed for process application developers who have experience with implementing IBM Business Process Manager V8. The course is also relevant for other project team members who are involved in the design, architecture, and building of complex process applications.
You should complete:
- Modeling and Implementing with IBM Business Process Manager V8 (WB802) or (VB802)
You should have:
- build and deploy at least one IBM Business Process Manager process application release into production
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Course introduction
- Data perspectives and use
- Tracking data in IBM Business Process Manager
- Exercise: Creating tracking groups in a business process definition
- Reports and scoreboards
- Exercise: Creating an ad hoc report
- Exercise: Creating a custom report
- Advanced custom reports
- Exercise: Creating a coach custom report with coach views
- Building stylish, high-performing user interfaces
- Exercise: Creating a coach view
- Exercise: Localizing a coach
- Exercise: Using Ajax to dynamically load data on a coach
- Architecting complex process applications
- Advanced routing
- Exercise: Implementing the "four eyes" policy
- Managing complex tasks and process interactions
- Exercise: Building a cancellation pattern
- Exercise: Implementing a multi-instance loop
- Integrating with external systems
- Exercise: Building web service connections
- Course summary