Learn to install, administer, operate, and troubleshoot Replication Manager v5.2.1
In this workshop, you will gain thorough exposure to Replication Manager version 5.2.1 software. You will have the opportunity to do pre-installation, installation, administration, operations, and troubleshooting for Replication Manager. The course will be limited to working with a Symmetrix (DMX4/Fibre) and CLARiiON (CX4/Fibre and iSCSI) environments. Through hands-on labs, you will focus on working with replications of file systems in a pre-set lab environment. The operating systems covered in this course will include Windows and Sun physical hosts along with Windows and Linux (Red Hat) on VMWare Virtual Machines. Database specific replications are not included in this course.
What You'll Learn
- Install Replication Manager software
Configure a Replication Manager environment
Perform administrative functions using Replication Manager software
Perform operational functions using Replication Manager software
- Utilize the Replication Manager command line interface (CLI)
- Administer, configure, and operate on VMWare hosts using Replication Manager software
Who Needs to Attend
This course is intended for any person responsible for deploying, operating, or maintaining Replication Manager.
Understanding of the following:
- Replication Manager architecture and theory of operations
- SUN Solaris, Linux (Red Hat) and Windows Administration & Logical Volume
- Symmetrix TimeFinder and SRDF
- CLARiiON SnapView, SAN Copy, and Mirrorview
- ESX Server/VMWare fundamentals and replication schemes
There are no follow-ons for this course.
Planning and Installation
- Administering, Configuring, and Operating on VMWare hosts
Installing Replication Manager
- Replication Manager & VMWare
- Remote Replication with Symmetrix and CLARiiON