IBM Course Code: Z3303G
Series 7 Versions 3 and 4 - Report Building with Impromptu is a two-day instructor-led course that focuses on the practical application and in depth understanding of Impromptu, so that report builders, analysts, and administrators have the ability to apply what they learn to their specific business environment.
The course teaches you how to create, organize, customize, and format reports. The emphasis is on standard and ad hoc reporting. You will learn how to meet the ever-changing needs of your user community and accommodate potential changes to source databases and organizational structures.
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is for Impromptu users who will be creating, customizing, and distributing reports.
- Ability to identify your company's business requirements for data access and reporting
- Working knowledge of the Windows environment, including switching between open applications, closing or sizing windows, and performing actions such as drag-and-drop, shift-click, and control-click.
- Advanced Impromptu Reporting (Z3304G)
- Understand basic Impromptu concepts
- Generate more effective reports by organizing data (filtering, sorting, grouping, and associating columns) and customizing data (adding calculations, summaries, and functions)
- Build reports, including working with frames and templates, formatting reports, and creating snapshot and crosstab reports