IBM Course Code: TOS33G
This is an introduction to Tivoli Common Reporting. This offering will provide you with an understanding of the architecture and usage of Tivoli Common Reporting, along with understanding how Tivoli-provided reports can be used to provide immediate value to the customer. A section on the basics of Cognos Report Studio provides an introduction to this powerful business intelligence reporting tool, along with how to configure connections to various data sources.
What You'll Learn
- Define Tivoli Common Reporting
- Distinguish between the placement and functionality of the components.
- Describe the general deployment architecture
- Describe how to use Tivoli Common Reporting to produce reports.
- Detail current resources to explore more information.
- Describe how to obtain ready-to-use Cognos reports for use with Tivoli Common Reporting.
- Navigate the user interface to locate, submit, schedule, e-mail, and print reports.
- Import Cognos report packages using Tivoli Common Reporting.
Unit 3 Report Studio basics
- Understand how to interpret a Cognos data model.
- Explore the Cognos Report Studio interface.
- Create a basic list and chart report.
- Add filter and prompt capability.
- Add a graphic.
- Understand where to find more resources.
Unit 4 Configuring data sources for Tivoli Common Reporting
- Define a data source.
- Create a new data source to access IBM DB2 UDB.
- Create a data source to access Oracle databases
- Configure LDAP for user authentication
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is for managers, technicians, or operators who need to understand Tivoli Common Reporting and how to produce reports.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
Unit 1: Tivoli Common Reporting architecture and overview
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: Component placement and functionality
- Lesson 3: Using Tivoli Common Reporting
Unit 2: Working with Tivoli Common Reporting product-provided reports
- Lesson 1: Introducing reports
- Lesson 2: Working with reports
- Lesson 3: Importing report packages
Unit 3: Cognos Report Studio basics
- Lesson 1: Understanding Cognos data models
- Lesson 2: Explore the Report Studio interface
- Lesson 3: Creating a basic list report with a filter
- Lesson 4: Where to find more resources
- Lesson 1 title - Lesson 2: Lesson 2 title
Unit 4: Configuring connections
- Lesson 1: Configuring database connections (DB2, Oracle, MS SQL)
- Lesson 2: Configuring LDAP