IBM Course Code: AN720
This course enables you to perform everyday tasks using the AIX operating system.
What You'll Learn
- Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
- Use AIX online documentation
- Manage AIX files and directories
- Describe the purpose of the shell
- Use the vi editor
- Customize the working environment
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is suitable for anyone who requires basic AIX user skills. This course is also a prerequisite for those who plan to attend the AIX System Administration courses.
You should be familiar with basic information technology (IT) concepts and the role of an operating system.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Introduction to AIX
- Using the System
- AIX Documentation
- Files and Directories
- Using Files
- File Permissions
- The vi Editor
- Shell Basics
- Using Shell Variables
- Customizing the User Environment