IBM Course Code: QG080
This course is a basic introduction to Rational Focal Point for all users including those who expect to use it infrequently, those who will be making use of it daily, and those responsible for customization or administration. While building upon existing knowledge for Product Management, this course introduces users to a web-based, collaborative, prioritization product for Requirements Management and Project Portfolio Management.
What You'll Learn
- Describe the structure of data in Rational Focal Point
- Work with information in Rational Focal Point
- Define and edit data into Rational Focal Point
- Display data in static and dynamic views
- Find information in Rational Focal Point based on sorts and filters
- Create relationships between elements
- Use review checkpoints for various data integrity activities
- Prioritize elements using actual data and pair-wise comparisons
- Use estimated and relative criteria to support decision making
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is for anyone who will be creating, editing, or viewing information.
You should have:
- Familiarity with Product Management concepts
- Requirements management basics
- Understanding of Project Management
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Information Structure
- Interface Basics
- Adding, Displaying and Editing Data
- Review Feature
- Prioritization and Visualization