IBM Course Code: TOS90G
This course teaches you techniques for using web widgets to show business dashboard data. Learn how to use debugging tools to see the available parameters in published widget events, pass event parameters to the web widget URL address and then to a JavaServer Page (JSP) file. You will learn how to use this technique to create a web widget that shows dynamic text. You also learn how to incorporate application web consoles into DASH dashboard pages and how to use hotspot widgets to pass data to web widgets and create interactive dashboard pages. In the hands-on exercises, you identify the target web page URLs and explore the limitations and the benefits of including web data with your dashboards.
What You'll Learn
- Describe how to configure and use the Jazz for Service Management web widget in business dashboards
- Use debugging tools to analyze and examine event parameters from dashboard widgets
- Use the myBox web server container object to serve image, HTML, JSP, and Java servlets files in web widgets
- Substitute NodeClickedOn and displayURL widget event parameter values in web widget addresses to send context information
- Use web widgets to add non-IBM application consoles to dashboard pages
- Use hotspot widgets to change the data that is shown in web widgets and create interactive dashboard pages
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate-level course is for system administrators responsible for developing business dashboards with the Jazz for Service Management visualization services. It is also beneficial for technical support specialists and consultants.
You should have knowledge on:
- Jazz for Service Management visualization services fundamentals
- Jazz for Service Management Advanced Dashboard Implementation
- Basic web development
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Web widget overview
- Web widget event parameter substitution
- Web widget parameter substitution with JavaServer pages
- Using web widgets to show non-IBM application consoles
- Using web widgets as a hotspot widget target