IBM Course Code: 1Z880G
Do you want to find match member records, link member records, and perfect a search algorithm for your InfoSphere MDM Virtual implementation? Then this course is designed for you. The InfoSphere MDM Virtual Module Algorithms V11 course prepares students to work with and customize the algorithm configurations deployed to the InfoSphere MDM Probabilistic Matching Engine (PME) for a Virtual MDM implementations. The PME is the heart of all Matching, Linking, and Searching for entities (Person, Organization, etc) that exist in InfoSphere MDM. This course will demonstrate how students will implement the customization discussed in the course to perform matching, linking, and searching on fields not provided by the default implementation. At the end of this course, students will feel comfortable customizing an algorithm for the PME for a Virtual implementations.
What You'll Learn
- Understand how Matching and Linking work for both the Virtual Implementations of InfoSphere MDM
- Understand the MDM configuration project and database tables used by the PME
- Understand the PME Algorithms (Standardization, Bucketing and Comparison steps) and how to create and customize the algorithms using the workbench
- Understand how to analyze the Bucketing steps in an algorithm
- Understand how to generate weights for a given algorithm and how those weights are generated based on a sample database set.
- Understand how to analyze the weights that are generated using the workbench
- Understand how to deploy the PME configuration for the Virtual implementations of InfoSphere MDM.
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is for Business and Technical Specialist working with the Matching, Linking, and Search services of InfoSphere MDM Virtual module.
We recommend that you take (ZZ800) prior to enrolling in this course or have experience with InfoSphere MDM.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
PME and Virtual Overview
- Virtual MDM Overview
- Terminology (Source, Entity, Member, Attributes)
- PME and Virtual MDM ( Algorithms, Weights, Comparison Scores, Thresholds)
- Virtual MDM Linkages and Tasks
Virtual MDM Algorithms
- Comparison Functions
- Exercise: Creating a new Algorithm
Virtual PME Data Model
- Algorithm configuration tables
- Member Derived Data
- Bucketing Data
- Exercise: Loading Members and viewing Algorithm and Derived data
- Analysis Overview
- Attribute Completeness
- Bucket Analysis
- Exercise: Analyzing our Buckets
- Weights Overview (Frequency-based weights, Edit Distance weights and Parameterize weights)
- The weight formula
- Running weight generation
- Analyzing weights
- Bulk Cross Match process
- Pair Manager
- Threshold calculations
- Exercise: Generate Weights and analyzing weight distribution
- Exercise: Pair Manager and Threshold Calculations
- Exercise: Testing our algorithm