IBM Course Code: WB723
This 3-day instructor-led course teaches you the skills and concepts needed to administer IBM WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus V7.0.
As a key IBM enterprise service bus product, WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus provides a standards-based integration solution that enables users to create and deploy interactions quickly and easily between applications and services.
This course has an administrative focus, and it begins by introducing you to the concept of the enterprise service bus (ESB) as an architectural pattern, as well as positioning the role of an ESB within a service-oriented architecture (SOA). You learn about IBM's product support for the ESB pattern through a detailed discussion of the technical specifications for the WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus product.
You also learn how mediations are the central component in WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus through lectures that cover how mediations are implemented within the product. In addition, this course covers other administrative aspects of working with WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus, such as configuring security and monitoring resources.
In the hands-on lab exercises, you learn how to install WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus as well as how to deploy, configure, and monitor mediations with tools such as the administrative console and the command line. Throughout the labs, you gain a basic understanding of mediation development by using WebSphere Integration Developer to explore and configure previously configured mediations. Additional labs enable you to configure security and use Business Space pages and widgets to monitor mediations that are deployed to WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus.
What You'll Learn
- Explain why an enterprise service bus (ESB) is an integral part of a service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Define the enterprise service bus as an architectural pattern
- List the capabilities of an enterprise service bus
- Explain the relationship of WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus to the WebSphere family of products
- Describe the main architectural concepts that support WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus V7.0
- Install and configure WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus V7.0
- Describe the structure of a mediation module
- Explain the relationship between mediation primitives and mediation modules
- Use WebSphere Integration Developer to examine the structure of a mediation module
- Deploy mediation modules using the WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus administrative console or a command-line interface
- Configure advanced quality of service properties, such as security and server resources that are needed by mediation applications
- Configure and manage enterprise applications using WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus administrative tools
- Configure security for server-side application resources
- Configure a business space to monitor resources that are deployed by WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is for IT professionals who function in administrative roles.
- Fundamental knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Knowledge of the role Web services play within an SOA
- Knowledge of Web service standards
- Experience with the administration of WebSphere Application Server V6.1 or higher
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Course introduction
- Introduction to services and the enterprise service bus pattern
- WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus V7.0 installation, deployment, and configuration
- Exercise: WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus V7.0 installation
- Exercise: Cell configuration
- Functional overview of WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus
- Functional overview, part 1: Service Component Architecture
- Functional overview, part 2: Mediation framework technology and Common Event Infrastructure
- Functional overview, part 3: Mediation primitives
- Exercise: Exploring mediations
- Functional overview, part 4: Service integration bus
- Functional overview, part 5: Bindings
- Exercise: Exploring SIBus and binding configurations
- Building a mediation module
- Exercise: Building a mediation module
- Server administration concepts and tools
- Deploying a mediation module
- Exercise: Deploying a mediation module
- Administering a mediation module
- Exercise: Administering a mediation module
- Security configuration
- Exercise: Securing a mediation module
- Error handling and debugging
- WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus integration with Business Space powered by WebSphere
- Exercise: Creating and configuring business spaces
- WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus integration with IBM SOA products
- Course summary