IBM Course Code: OS019G
This course is designed to enable you to acquire the skills necessary to prepare for installing and leveraging the new functions of IBM i 7.2 on POWER7 and POWER8 hardware.
The emphasis is on the hardware and software components introduced in 2014 announcements of POWER8 hardware and V7R2.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Describe the new models of POWER8
- Describe the new enhancements to IBM i 7.2 software release
- Discuss the major planning steps to upgrade to IBM i 7.2
- Discuss the significant POWER8 hardware
- Describe single root IO virtualization
- Describe the major enhancements of DB2
- Describe PowerHA/DR strategy and product offerings
- Discuss the major functions of PowerVP
- Describe the enhancements to IBM i Access
- Describe the enhancements of IBM Systems Navigator for i
- Discuss the enhancements development enhancements
- Discuss the enhancements IBM i mobile
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is intended for existing IBM i administrators, users, and support personnel.
You should have the following recommended skills:
- Basic understanding of Power Systems with IBM i architecture.
- Basic understanding of the support available in a current release of IBM i.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Unit 1 - IBM i 7.2 overview
- Unit 2 - POWER8 upgrade planning
- Unit 3 - Upgrading to IBM i 7.2
- Unit 4 - Technical refresh updates (1 of 3)
- Unit 5 - Technical refresh updates (2 of 3)
- Unit 6 - Technical refresh updates (3 of 3)
- Unit 7 - Single root I/O virtualization
- Unit 8 - DB2 for i enhancements in 7.2
- Unit 9 - PowerHA enhancements
- Exercise 1 - Create an IASP
- Exercise 2 - Delete an IASP
- Unit 10 - PowerVP: Virtualization Performance Intelligence
- Unit 11 - Systems management
- Exercise 3 - Configure 5250 Session using IBM Client Access Solutions
- Exercises 4 - Configuring 5250 HMC Interface using IBM Client Access Solutions
- Unit 12 - Application development and mobile enhancements