IBM Course Code: ZV200
This course introduces you to the implementation of the DirMaint and RACF/VM program products. The class focuses on the required steps of implementing DirMaint and RACF/VM in the z/VM 6.2 environment. You participate in hands-on labs where they install, tailor, and use these two program products from an end user and system programmer view point.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Implement the DirMaint program product in a z/VM 6.2 system
- Support the modification of the system directory with DirMaint
- Implement the RACF program product in a z/VM6.2 system
- Implement security policies, profiles, and groups for users' password and system resources
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is for VM system programmers who are responsible for the support of Linux guest systems that require knowledge of DirMaint and RACF/VM.
- Installing, Configuring and Servicing z/VM for Linux Guests (ZV062)
or have equivalent knowledge to successfully complete this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Unit 1: DirMaint and RACF overview
- Exercise 1: z/VM RACF and DirMaint labs logon
- Unit 2: DirMaint implementation
- Exercise 2: DirMaint implementation
- Unit 3: DirMaint operations and commands
- Exercise 3: DirMaint command and operation overview
- Unit 4: DirMaint additional topics
- Exercise 4: DirMaint additional topics and functions
- Unit 5: z/VM RACF implementation overview
- Unit 6: RACF implementation process
- Exercise 5: RACF implementation
- Unit 7: RACF commands
- Exercise 6: RACF commands
- Unit 8: RACF processes
- Exercise 7: RACF functions and processes
- Unit 9: RACF auditing, backups, DSMON, and Report Writer
- Exercise 8: RACF auditing, backups, and DSMON